11.20.2008

Ribbon Board


One way to hang up bows or pictures is by using a ribbon board. PBK had one a couple years ago and for those of us who missed out, we must make our own. EASY project...so listen up!
Choose a canvas, whatever size suits you. Then cover it with batting and white fabric, stapling it to the wood in the back. Then choose your ribbon, and lay it out in straight lines, stacking some if you want. Staple the ribbon to the back, just like you did with the fabric!


Here is my friend Kathy's. It is an 18X24...turned out perfect!


Here is mine, a 24X30 which means a TON of ribbon. I was so stressed out about colors...but I really do like how it turned out. (this is not the paint color of the room it is in!)

In the end...does it really matter which ribbons you use? I cant even see the ribbon anymore!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Erin said...

I have a really dumb question, so humor me if you will....how do you hang the ribbons and bows when you're done?

I love your blog, and I'm almost done making a tutu and it is FAB!

Erin

Rachel said...

Yet another craft I want you to make me!!! This is great Chels!!

Angela said...

Love this idea!! Perfect way to hang the hair pretties! Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing!