6.28.2008

Time to whip out the flag cake!


I saw this cake in a magazine when I was around 10 years old and for some reason fell in love with it! I have tried to make it every year that Im home around the fourth of july. There are so many recipes of course, but I have always used 2 cake boxes! I just make 2 rectangular cakes, then turn them both out of their pans, frost one and cover it with thinly sliced strawberries, layer the second one on top and frost the entire thing...then make your cute flag on top! I always use cream cheese frosting, but this year I would love to find a dense enough whipcream frosting...that sounds good with the fruit!
YUM!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chels, I love this one too!!! Thanks for all your great ideas!

The Romneys said...

It just so happens that my birthday is July 5th and this has always been and will forever be my birthday cake. It is a favorite.